About Wedding Photographer Kathy Silke
I’m inspired by the wild nature of Ireland.
I love capturing natural emotions in a creative and honest way.
I have my dream job.
"We can't recommend Kathy more hightly! She was an absolute dream to work with from the very start. She has a lovely relaxing way about her, she's easy to chat to, incredibly warm and makes you feel instantly at ease."
– SARAH AND NODLAG –
Hi! I’m Kathy.
I'm the face being the camera, its nice to meet you! My photography is inspired by the nature of Ireland and everything that is wild, beautiful and natural. I spent my childhood in Leitrim on my grandparents farm which has instilled in me an everlasting love of the countryside, I'm definitely a country mouse not a city mouse!
My favourite quote is "If it can be solved, there's no need to worry, and if it can't be solved, worry is of no use" - Dalai Lama.
Wise words to live by!
Heres some random facts about me, were going to be spending a lot of time together on your wedding day so we might as well get to know each other!
- I was born in Peru but was adopted as a very small baby. I’ve lived in Ireland all my life and wouldn’t change it for the world.
- I’m probably the only Irish person who doesn’t drink tea or coffee. I just don’t care for the taste but if you offer me a 7up Free I’m yours!
- Everyone I meet thinks I sound American but I think it’s just the south side Dubliner in me.
- My favourite season, month and holiday is Autumn, October and Halloween. I just love everything it brings with it - cosy jumpers, crunchy leaves, crisp evenings and pumpkin flavoured everything. I usually spent the month doing as much Autumn/Halloween activities as I can with my friends and sister.
- I love movies and going to the cinema! I particularly love a good scary movie so if you have any recommendations send them this way!
- I have a pretty major fear of birds 🙈 No one knows why but all I can say is they put the fear of god in me. I’m convinced they can smell fear 😅 So, uh, if you own some birds let me know in advance!
- I’m a total crazy cat lady, me and my husband have two fur babies Brax and Nico. And yes, I am absolutely that person who will stop to try and make friends with a cat on the street.
- I married my husband Niall back in 2019 and it was amazing. We met 14 years ago while working in a cinema. He worked on the Ben and Jerry’s stand while I was on barrier taking tickets and he used to tell me cheesy jokes to keep me entertained. Not much as changed in 14 years!
There’s nothing like a wedding.
I'm a big believer in family and friends and the dynamic we have with these people in our lives. This is the essence of what I hope to capture on your wedding day and what personally inspires me when shooting weddings. I want to deliver not only beautiful photography but also for you to experience the same excitement, nerves and joy you had on your wedding day every time you look back at your photos.
When I first started out it was very much on a hope and dream but nearly 9 years later I'm incredibly proud of my little business and so delighted to have had to chance to work with so many wonderful couples.
Over the years I’ve fine-tuned my service for people who love and value photography and expect a personal, professional and helpful experience.
I work with incredible clients.
I am lucky to work with creative, enthusiastic couples who trust me to capture their special moments in my elegant and natural way. It’s a privilege to be trusted to photograph the biggest day of someone’s life. I really enjoy being part of that, and connecting with people.
The weddings I photograph are usually emotional and sentimental with a strong emphasis on family. My couples personalities are always reflected by the personal touches and thought and effort that they've put into their wedding day. No detail is too small and they love nothing more than a big country house where their families and friends can relax and have fun in all day long.
I make it a point to help my couples relax and enjoy themselves. I want you to have fun. I won’t be in your face with a camera all day. Instead, I aim to capture events as they unfold in a relaxed and fun way while offering gentle direction when needed.
I like the simple things in life.
When I’m not taking or editing photos, I love going for drives through the Dublin mountains, heading to the local farmers market with my husband (were both total foodies!) and having cocktails with the girls. You can usually find me spending time with our cats Brax and Nico or reading a book or watching a movie until all hours.
As a Wicklow & Kilkenny photographer working throughout Ireland, I’d love to meet and hear about you. What are your plans for your wedding? What is most important to you to capture in photos? How did you meet and fall in love?
Do get in touch and we can chat about the possibility of working together for your big day.